Looking for a hearty and flavorful meal that’s easy to prepare? Look no further than this ultimate slow cooker crockpot gumbo recipe! Featuring a mouthwatering fusion of sausage, chicken, and shrimp, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds with its rich flavors and tender textures. And best of all, it can be cooked low and slow in your trusty crockpot, making it the perfect choice for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want something delicious without all the fuss. So grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy an unforgettable culinary adventure with this amazing gumbo recipe!
When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can compare to a steaming bowl of gumbo. This classic Louisiana dish is a flavorful fusion of sausage, chicken, and shrimp cooked in a rich roux-based gravy. And while gumbo often takes hours to prepare, this slow cooker Crockpot version can be ready in just a fraction of the time.
So what makes this Crockpot gumbo recipe so ultimate? For starters, it features andouille sausage, which adds a nice smoky flavor to the dish. Then there’s the chicken, which gets incredibly tender when cooked low and slow. And last but not least, the shrimp provide a welcome pop of freshness and seafood flavor.
Best of all, this recipe is relatively easy to make. Simply brown the sausage, sauté the vegetables, whisk together the roux-based gravy, and then let everything cook together in the Crockpot for 4-6 hours. Serve over hot rice and enjoy!
If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty gumbo recipe, this is the one for you! This slow cooker crockpot gumbo is packed with sausage, chicken, and shrimp, and is full of flavor. It’s perfect for a cold winter day, or any day when you want a comforting meal. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
1. If you’re looking for a delicious, hearty gumbo recipe that’s sure to please, look no further than this Slow Cooker Crockpot Gumbo Recipe.
2. This gumbo is packed with flavor, thanks to the sausage, chicken, and shrimp that are used in the recipe.
3. To ensure that your gumbo turns out perfectly, be sure to follow the recipe closely and don’t hesitate to add more seasonings to taste.
4. Another pro tip? Be sure to cook the rice separately from the gumbo itself so that it doesn’t get mushy. Serve the rice on the side or add it into the gumbo just before serving.
5. And last but not least, if you have leftovers (which is unlikely!), be sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Conclusion & Recipe:
After trying out this recipe, we can say with confidence that it is the ultimate slow cooker crockpot gumbo recipe! The sausage, chicken, and shrimp all came together perfectly in this dish to create a flavorful fusion of Louisiana cuisine. This gumbo is hearty and filling, but also has a unique depth of flavor that you won’t find in any other gumbo recipe.
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Crockpot Gumbo Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage kielbasa farmers sausage, garlic sausage, etc
- 1 lb Shrimp raw with shells removed. I left the tails on for extra flavor.
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Green pepper diced
- 1 Hot pepper jalapeno, serrano, scotch bonnet, habanero, etc (optional!!!)
- Celery diced 3 ribs
- 28 oz Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
- 3 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning or more if preferred
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 1/3 C Rice
- Mix all ingredients except the shrimp and rice in the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally
- Salt the shrimp lightly in the last hour of cooking. Then, add the shrimp to the crockpot.
- Stir the rice in the last 30 minutes of cooking. Cover with a new cover. The rice should just warm through, and then take on some of your cooking flavors.
- Enjoy with crusty bread